graphic border
Old 27th November 2007, 10:45   #1
TanyaT
The Forum Mistress

Default Nearly man Darren Fletcher bides his time

Nearly man Darren Fletcher bides his time
Times Online and Agencies November 26, 2007

Darren Fletcher, who makes only his third Manchester United start of the season tomorrow, insists his time will come at Old Trafford.

A combination of niggling injuries and the impressive recent form of Anderson have kept the Scotland midfielder waiting for the chance to prove his worth.

The 23-year-old was not due to begin the away game against Dynamo Kiev last month but ended up being called in at the last minute after Patrice Evra pulled out in the warm-up.

Yet Fletcher remains as committed to United as he has ever been. And, while he accepts a large degree of patience will be required over the coming months, the Edinburgh-born star knows his presence will be felt at some point.

“Obviously, you want to play in every game,” he said. “But there are some great midfielders at this club. The manager has a lot of choice and you can’t really take someone out of the team when they have been in good form.

“Unfortunately, I have had a couple of injuries when I might have got a chance and you have to give credit to Anderson. He has come in and done really well for someone so young.

“I just have to be patient. It is a long season, so I need to keep myself fit and take every chance I can to remind people I am good enough and capable enough to play at this level.”

“Injuries and suspensions had a big effect on us last season. At one point we were left with 12 or 13 players when we were going for three trophies so, with a big squad, I know my time will come.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2949754.ece