graphic border
Old 8th December 2009, 17:05   #1
TanyaT
The Forum Mistress

Exclamation Main web site's crashed (not the forum)

help desk queries can not be answered until further notice if you really need any info, PM me and I'll see what I can do, but I can't help with your account details until the database has been restored

Dunc says :

we've had a catastrophic website database failure meaning many website functions are not available (join. account, helpdesk etc). It appears the web hosts have caused this as it isn't anything we've done.
I have been in touch with the hosting company who appear to be useless with no significant backup system

I can rebuild all the important database files relating to membership, accounts etc from master copies held locally but any online transactions since the last download (5th December I think) may not be recoverable.
JD is unable to look into it further at this time but I will try to effect a temporary fix in the meantime.

I think we will have lost the helpdesk tables and any transactions (updates, join, renew) since 5th December. However any payments by credit card can be tracked through WorldPay and chased up.

There is going to be quite a lot of work involved in reconstructing this so it is likely that other projects/tasks will have to be shelved but we'll do our best to get it fixed asap.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:40   #2
TanyaT
The Forum Mistress

This is a pretty significant problem which is going to take some time to
resolve

Realistically I think we will have to shelve the newsletter/membership pack
mail out until after Christmas

and Duncan will not be getting any time for himself!
Old 16th December 2009, 13:37   #3
TanyaT
The Forum Mistress

things aren't completely sorted

we appreciate your patience