graphic border

Go Back   MUST - the independent Manchester United supporters' trust > NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS > WHAT THE PAPERS SAY

Old 25th July 2012, 21:40   #1
Paul Brooks
Watcher

Default Lucas Moura continues transfer negotiations with Manchester United

Lucas Moura continues transfer negotiations with Manchester United

• São Paulo midfielder in Cardiff with Brazil squad
• 19-year-old instructed agent to keep negotiating

Jamie Jackson
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 25 July 2012 10.39 BST

Lucas Moura could yet become a Manchester United player after his agent, Wagner Ribeiro, claimed that he has been told to keep "negotiating" with the club by the Brazilian.

Moura is in Cardiff with the Brazil squad preparing for their opening match of London 2012 against Egypt at the Millennium Stadium on Thursday. The 19-year-old's transfer from São Paulo had appeared off after United were asked to pay £30m, with a £25m bid having previously been rejected.

But Ribero told Radio Globo: "The player is my boss, I always talk to him. He determines what I do, my objectives. If he says that he doesn't want to leave São Paulo, I won't even listen to the offer. He told me to keep negotiating when I talked about Manchester United's interest.

"It's a great offer. If it was an [impossible to refuse] one, he would leave, but he is happy at São Paulo too. If he stays there, life goes on."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...chester-united